Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our Trip to Tsitsikamma

So, last week was my first week at Pearson High School. Not only did I have to get used to students calling me Maam, but I also was immediately tossed in to a classroom as a substitute teacher for 6 days. I has been fun, but was much more than I was expecting for my 2nd day in school.

After the slightly stressful week, came an amazing weekend. My roommates and I went to Tsitsikamma and went ziplining through the forest cannopy. Although we did not see any animals, the sights were fantastic. After the ziplining and a few mini hikes in the area, we spent the night in a tree house at a place called Taniqua Treetops. Here is a picture of the tree house's shower.

This was an amazing sight to wake up to.
The next day, some of us took a hike down to the bottom of the gorge to play in the pools that the river had formed. I have never in my life seen such a beautiful sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment