Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Coffee Bay

This weekend, my roommates and I took off Friday and Monday and headed to Coffee Bay for the weekend. We hopped on the BazBus at 6:45 on Friday morning and sat for hours on our way to Coffee Bay. Not to say that the whole day was wasted, I finished the book I was reading and I got half way done with the next by the time we arrived home last night. Coffee Bay was definitely an eye opening experience. The land was lovely, All along the Indian Ocean, there are cliffs. This means that when you are on the beach, you feel like there is no one else in the world near you. One of the beaches that we went to on our way to Hole in the Wall, had hills on all sides of it. The only way to the beach was to hike 1 hour from town up and down and around many cliffs and hills. I say that this weekend was an experience because Coffee Bay is not what most would consider a tourist trap with lights and loud music. In fact, our first night there, the restaurant we went to did not have power because the signal was too weak. This continued throughout the weekend with different places loosing power. Let me not get ahead of myself. The adventure starts when the BazBus drops you off. There is another 2 hour van ride to the town of Coffee Bay. This road is filled with potholes. In many places on the road, there are so many potholes that they cannot be avoided. We did much hiking and laying on the beach, sorry Ohioans. For Hannah, I just wanted to let you know that along the road to and from Coffee Bay we passed a sign for Cuba, I recognize that it's not actually Cuba (the country) but we were all joking that we could just follow the sign and be in Cuba. Oh well, that would have been cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment